Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| Greater German Reich|
|Type||Nazi single-party totalitarian dictatorship|
|Language(s)||German, various languages of conquered peoples|
|“|| I wished to buy time for Germany, General. Not for the Nazi Party.|
- Erich Von Richter, West Meets East
Germany, also known as the Greater German Reich, the Third Reich (German: Großdeutsches Reich or Das Dritte Reich), and commonly Nazi Germany during the period from 1933 to 1945, is one of the seven playable factions in R.U.S.E. Germany is, arguably, the most advanced faction, possessing high tech weapons, including jet fighters, which can zoom into enemy territory and blast key targets speedily, and rocket artillery, which can fire a constant, though inaccurate rain of high-explosive rockets, which are deadly to grouped infantry and buildings.
However, this technology comes at a very heavy price. Most units classified in R.U.S.E. as armored for Germany typically run for $35-60 on average. All of Germany's tanks are part of the Panzerkampfwagen series. Germany also features a super-heavy tank, the Maus, which was built in prototypes in Berlin, but only one true unit making combat in the real War. Though some rumor insist on the fact it didn't fight but was finished in the factory in which it was being constructed.
Buildings & Units
- Machine Gun Nest (Anti-Infantry Defense Bunker) Excellence against infantry, better than most MG nests. Can take 7+ infantry without being damaged, lacks AA and AT defense.
- Siegfried Blockhaus (Very Resistant Bunker) Resistant bunker, armed with the FlaK 88 AT gun and a flamethrower, lacks AA defense.
- Kübelwagen (Recon) Unarmed and unarmored recon, expensive for being recon.
- SdKfz 222 (Armored Recon) Little improvement in weaponry and armor over the Kubelwagen.
- Grenadier (Light Infantry) Regular infantry, heavier than most light infantry.
- Sturmgrenadier (Heavy Infantry) Excellence against infantry and tanks.
Artillery & Anti-air Base
- FlaK 20mm (Anti-aircraft Gun) Must be deployed in networks to form an effective AA defense.
- Haubitze 75mm (Light Artillery) Accurate although medium-ranged.
- Haubitze 150mm (Medium Artillery) Long-ranged but not accurate, lethal against light targets.
- Flak 88mm (Anti-tank & Anti-aircraft Gun) Slow, expensive and powerful. Can destroy many tanks with a single shot and planes get routed by a single shot, but very vulnerable to infantry.
- StuG (Assault Gun) Fast and armored.
- Sturmtiger (Heavy Assault Gun) Heavy armored, hyperlethal against buildings and light troops, but extremely slow to produce and expensive.
- Panzer III (Light Tank) Fast, light armored, lightly armed but able to destroy other factions' light tanks.
- Panzer IV (Medium Tank) Able to be mass-produced, owns enough armor to face other medium tanks and its weaponry is above average. Equivalent of T-34
- Panther (Advanced Medium Tank) Can destroy even heavy tanks, fast, with heavy armor and heavy weaponry.
- Tiger (Heavy Tank) Will destroy most other heavy tanks, although slow, great weaponry and armor.
- King Tiger (Advanced Heavy Tank) Will destroy tanks with ease, but slow. Impressive weaponry and armor.
- PaK 36 (Anti-tank Gun) Fast-reloading gun, below average, can be hidden in forests.
- PaK 40 (Advanced Anti-tank Gun) Hyperlethal AT gun, can be hidden in forests.
- Marder (Tank Destroyer) Heavy weaponry, although light armor. Fast and able to be mass-produced. Extremely effective when paired up with the Panzer IV.
- Jagdpanther (Advanced Tank Destroyer) Heavy armor, heavy gun, still fast.
- Storch (Air Recon) Slow and unarmed, average recon plane.
- Ju 52 (Transport) Above average transport planes, deploys Fallschirmjägers.
- Fallschirmjäger (Elite Infantry) The best paratrooper infantry in the entire game; with excellent AT and anti-infantry capabilities, they are not to be trifled with.
- Me 109 (Fighter) Great fighter, fights early fighters with ease.
- Me 262 (Jet Fighter) Excellent fighter, extremely fast, enormous weaponry but expensive.
- Ju 87 (Fighter-bomber) Great AT capabilities, altough dogfight capabilities are below average, extremely vulnerable to AA defense.
- He 111 (Light Bomber) Below average AA defense, destroys industrial buildings with two runs, slow.
- Ar 234 Blitz (Jet Bomber) Nearly lacks AA defenses, great payload, extremely expensive but extremely fast.
- Puma (Armored Recon) Owns the weaponry of a Panzer IV, armor of an early medium tank and is fast as an Italian tank. Can fight a Sherman and beat anything under it.
- Wirbelwind (Armored Anti-aircraft Gun) Best mobile AA defense, owns medium armor and is still fast.
- Mörser (Heavy Artillery) Extremely slow, vulnerable to air raids, long-ranged and hyperlethal, although not accurate, best used in groups.
- Wurfrahmen (Heavy Rocket Launcher Vehicle) Lacks armor, but is lethal against buildings and infantry.
- Maus (Super-Heavy Tank) The most lethal tank in-game and the slowest unit ingame. Dual-Barreled but owns no machine-guns.
- V2 rocket (Appears in campaign only) Short-range ballistic nuclear missile that has the same power as the Nuclear Long Tom.
Germany was powerful early in the war due to the unpreparedness of the world's other powers and the rise of Nazi regimes in 1933,(when Hitler became Reichkanzelar)its Blitzkrieg (Lightning War) tactics, superior technology and their fanaticism. As 1940 rolled into 1941, Germany had conquered much of Europe. As Italy continued its ongoing campaign in North Africa against the UK, Germany came close to securing the skies over Britain in the fall of 1940 in an operation known as 'Sealion'(Unternehmen Seelöwe).Germany, its conquered and Italy now in the fight against Britain in North Africa, and the south-eastern countries of Europe were next in Germany's sight and were also soon to fall, as entering North Africa a joint Italian-German force began pushing British forces back up against the Suez-Cannal during attack after attack and slowly breaking the British defensive permiter over the area.
On 1 September 1939, Germany and Soviet Union(17 September 1939) invaded Poland(Fall Weiß), thus the UK and France declared war on Germany, in accordance with the agreement that they had with Poland. After the end of the campaign in Poland, the war entered a period of relative inactivity known as the "Phoney War"(Sitzkrieg). This ended when Germany invaded Denmark and Norway in April 1940(Operation Wesserübung) and the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, and France in May(Fall Gelb und Fall Rot). All of the invaded countries swiftly capitulated and the forces of Britain and its allies suffered a humiliating defeat in Norway and a near-disastrous retreat from France. Britain was threatened with an amphibious invasion, but during the Battle of Britain(Fall Aldleranggriffe) the Luftwaffe failed to achieve air superiority, so the invasion was postponed indefinitely. One piece of British territory, the Channel Islands, was however occupied by Germany until the end of the war.
In June 1940, after the Battle for France was all but over, Italy joined Germany, and Supreme Dictator Benito Mussolini declared war on Britain and France. In August, Italian colonial forces took the initiative; from their colony in East Africa they occupied British Somaliland. In September, they also staged a limited invasion of Egypt from Libya. The British and Commonwealth forces, despite being outnumbered by 500,000 available troops to 35,000 (of whom 17,000 were non-combatants), made a fighting withdrawal after reinforcements were sent to the region in December and counterattacked. The British dealt out several humiliating defeats to the Italians and captured over 130,000 prisoners in a two-month campaign in eastern Libya. In January 1941, the Afrika Korps were sent to Libya to reinforce their Italian allies and a hard fought campaign ensued. This part of the war is known as the North African Campaign.
South Eastern Europe
The Italian invasion of Greece in November 1940 was a disaster and Italian forces were driven back into Albania, which Italy had occupied in 1939. Nazi Germany attacked Yugoslavia and Greece in April 1941(Fall Marita) to assist their allies and prevent any possibility of disruption to the production of oil from their oilfields by hostile forces. German conquests in Europe during World War II.
Attack against the Soviet Union
The Soviet Union invaded Poland together with Germany in 1939, and remained outside the main conflict for two years, Stalin assuming that he was safe from an attack from Hitler, not wishing to fight a war on two fronts.
For the Germans and the British, however, the war in the West was seen as only the overture to the great operations against Communist Russia. The successful campaigns against Poland, Scandinavia and France, and the bad standing of the Red Army after the Great Purge in the 1930's, as indicated by the fiasco of the Winter War, made Hitler believe that relations between Germany and the Soviet Union would not again be as favorable. This 'crusade' against Bolshevism (as Hitler saw it), codenamed Operation Barbarossa, was to be launched sooner rather than later. It was planned to unite Western Europe behind Germany's leadership for the common goal (to fight Communism).
The German campaigns in Greece and North Africa delayed the planned invasion by several weeks, and a great deal of the good summer weather was already lost by the time the invasion was launched on June 22, 1941. The massive attack still turned out to be an initial success, conquering whole areas of the Soviet Union's western region. Their only significant strategic failure was the advance on Moscow, which was halted by stiff resistance, and subsequently driven back by a Russian counter-attack. The following years, however, were less successful on the Eastern Front.
Italian Armistice and loss of the Allies
The German and Italian defeat in North Africa allowed the Allied forces to contemplate opening up a new theater in the south. Sicily was invaded in July 1943 leading to the overthrow and imprisonment of Mussolini. In September, the Italian mainland was invaded. Shortly afterward, an armistice was signed and Italian troops found themselves arrested and imprisoned by the Germans. The Germans fought on in Italy, and in October the new Italian government declared war on Germany. The campaign in Italy eventually bogged down as the focus of attention for the Western Allies was drawn to opening up a new front in northern France.
One by one, Germany's other allies left the war. Throughout 1944, the governments of Romania, Bulgaria, and Finland found ways to change sides.
On the Defensive
German forces surrender to Canadians at Courseulles-sur-Mer. In the east, the Germans had been steadily withdrawing in the face of increasingly capable Red Army offensives. After the Battle of Kursk in July 1943, the Reich arsenal was deprived of many important armored vehicles and Germany was unable to launch another serious offensive in the east. At the time of the D-Day invasion on 6 June 1944, German forces were thinly stretched across three fronts. By August 1944, Soviet forces had crossed into parts of eastern Germany and in December, the last ditch Ardennes Offensive(Die Wact am Rhein) ground to a halt in the west due to a lack of supplies and bitter allied opposition.
Allied forces established a bridgehead on the Rhine in March 1945, the Battle of Berlin began on 16 April. In face of total defeat, Hitler gave orders to burn rations and appointed several men to new Government positions throughout the fallen Reich, and shot himself as a final result. Berlin surrendered on the night of May 2-3, the German Instrument of Surrender was signed on May 7.
Four years later, Germany was divided into the communist East Germany, a Soviet satellite state, and the capitalist West Germany, a democratic state. Half-a-century later in 1989 Germany is reunified into federal democratic country through the fall of the Berlin Wall and the collapse of communism across the world.
Strategies and Tactics
Germany's units are very expensive, but they can take more damage and have better armaments than any faction, however, Germany still have some minor debilities, specially in infantry, as France owns the Legionnaries and the USSR the Gvardiya. Germany, have other debilities, as their main firepower is on 1945, factions like France can take out Germany easily on 1939, as they own early-war heavy units, as France own heavy infantry very early, the Legionnaries and France own early-war medium tanks, the S35.
- All of Germany's units are high quality, from infantry to their aircraft units.
- Germany's heavy tanks are nearly unstoppable if an economy going sufficiently to allow you to build them. However, you should beware fighter-bombers, and AT guns in the woods.
- As for bombers, in the beginning of the game (Eras 1939-42) regular 'Medium-Class' bombers are only available for production. These style bombers contain one average payload and below average speed, as is typical for medium bombers of the time. Later in the game, jet bombers are available if you need a quick in and out style bombing attack. While again in the beginning they are not available, jet fighters are one of the best fighters in the game once available for production, due to a high rate of firepower and lightning speed.
- The German 88mm is deadly to both tanks and aircraft. Firepower is offset by the combined inability to hide in forests and slow movement speed.
- The Panther advanced medium tank is the best in its class, with superior firepower and with more armor and speed. The T-34 came second, but it's cheaper than the Panther and can be produced much quicker.
- Early in the game (including 1939 military mode era), Germany is very vulnerable to heavy attacks, as they do not have access to most armored units yet.
- Making a push towards the middle of the map early and holding there is usually a good strategy, there is usually a goldmine of resources in the middle of maps, which Germany needs for a strong economy.
- Germany has one of the best light tanks, the Panzer III, as it is very useful for raiding enemy supply lines. Also good to protect those supply lines.
- The Panther can match the Russian KV1 heavy tank, with higher-rated firepower, longer range, better speed, and the same Level 4-type armor.
- Playing as Germany, the player is most probably going to rely on tanks quite heavily throughout battle. This necessitates a line of tanks, and at least one line of anti-air and one line of anti-tank equipment required to be hidden in forests; thus making Germany a behemoth once an army has been built; a behemoth with the potential for a huge first blow, followed by a finishing left or right hook with overwhelming firepower. Germany's success is completed on tracks but guaranteed by the provision of anti-air and anti-tank units.
- Germany can fight almost all factions, but in early-game warmodes, it will not stand against more advanced faction of the era, such as France.
- When using Germany, try always to use the Blitzkrieg tactic.
- German units are both excellent at attack as well as defense.
- Like America they are all-rounders, but with better, more expensive units.
- Supplies are a main concern in the beginning of the game if you play for Germany. But if you have a strong economy foothold (multiple supply dumps and administrative buildings), you can just focus on your military performance. Added that German units has high survivability on the battlefield.
- The flag of Germany in R.U.S.E is censored, instead they show the flag without the Iron Cross (upper left corner) nor the Swastika (in the center). Due to the fact that Eugen Systems are from France, and many countries in Europe ban the Swastika and many other Nazi symbols, the Nazi flag is not used.