|M16 Multiple Gun Motor Carriage|
Making a punch in the sky!
|Class||Armored Anti-aircraft Gun|
|Factory||Artillery & Anti-air Base|
The M16 was essentially a modified M3 halftrack mounted with quad Maxson machine guns which can slice, and dice aircraft and infantry to pieces. It has excellent range and mobility. For an all-round assault, the M16 are essential for fending off all types of light units with the exception of AT guns. The M16 takes on infantry and air-force with ease.
Unlike other mobile AAs that uses explosive shell that will explode near the enemy, the M16's 50 cal. turret uses bullets that will have to hit the enemy directly.
The M16 halftracks were kept very busy in Europe, even if the Luftwaffe didn't show up. The German ground troops first felt the bite of this halftrack in Normandy. If an infantry commander felt there was something suspicious behind a hedgerow, he'd call up an M16 to spray .50 caliber fire into the growth. Often a few bursts from an M16's quad turret were all that was needed to eliminate points of stubborn German resistance. This trend continued throughout the war in all theaters of operation, and Allied infantrymen grew very fond of the M16 halftrack.
Hvy quad AA MG
- The M16 is very prone to destruction if an aircraft makes a diving run, is shot down and crashes into one of them, as they can be immediately destroyed. This is especially dangerous if in large groups.
- It is recommended (IF you can afford it) to pair these with a recon unit (Willys or Greyhound) if you are going through forests, towns and near swamps, as infantry and anti-tank ambushes will also prove fatal to this vehicle.
- Once you've cleared building up your base, this should be one of your first units on your upgrade list.
- It can also be a strategically viable choice to not upgrade thesevto the M19, in order to keep access to the much cheaper M16. While they individually lack the firepower of the M19, they are more cost effective damage wise than the M19 and you have the greater flexability of having two individual units at your disposal.
- Wikipedia: M3 Half-track - Original vehicle of the anti-aircraft variant