|Class||Very Resistant Bunker|
A good early defensive structure, the Pillbox is armed with two medium cal. AP guns along with two medium cal. HE guns to counter enemy infantry. It has excellent resistance, and can stand up to long barrages of artillery fire. It is however, only useful against light, and medium tanks, as most tanks' range is far greater than the pillboxes. Deploy these fortifications near bridges and forests to provide insurance for your defense. Effective against early tanks and infantry.
Strategy and TacticsEdit
- you should use these as meat shields for the powerful but really vunerable 105 position and add a few AA postions for an almost impenetreble defence.
Pros & Cons Edit
+Cheap as an MG nest with the ability to deal with armor.
+Same toughness as any other solid bunkers.
+/-The AT-preformance matches the PaK 36 and similar, just shorter range and no surprice for anyone.
- Atleast it can take a beating.
-Like any other defensive structure, the enemy can see it and walk around it.
- Unlike real japanese pillboxes, this one isn't hidden from view in the woods or similar.
-Short range, it is a sitting duck.
- A sniper team, AT gun and recon would almost cost the same but do a better job.
During the battles the Japanese armed their pillbox with all types of different weapons to counter American tactics.
- Wikipedia: Pillbox (military)
- Machine-gun Position - American anti-infantry position
- Machine Gun Nest - German anti-infantry position