| Divisione Sahariana|
Occhi del Regio Esercito
|“|| Confermato! Il nemico è alle coordinate tre uno tre uno uno quattro!|
- Italian unit confirming coordinates, (Confirmed! Enemy is at coordinates three one three one one four!)
As an Infantry, the Divisione Sahariana (in-game: Sahariana) leaves a great deal to be desired. However, the primary purpose of the Saharan Division is not to engage enemy troops head-on, but to perform reconnaissance and relay vital field information back to headquarters, so that the Italian commander can make informed decisions before moving into enemy territory.
The Sahariana have the distinction of being one of the only infantry-class recon units in R.U.S.E. (aside from the Japanese paratrooper recon) which, while being slower than motorized recon units, means that they can hide where other recon units might not; namely being cities. Similarly, they can capture buildings like any other infantry, whereas other recon units cannot.
- These units are outstanding at setting up ambushes against supply trucks, which cripple the enemy's monetary supply.
- They are cheap to produce in bunches, and easy to replace when destroyed by opposing forces
Pros and Cons Edit
+they have the ability to attack and capture.
+AT guns cannot harm them but they can harm AT guns.
-300 health points only. leaving them not only with the lowest dps but also with lower hp than most troops.
-7dps and 300 hp compared to 20dps and 400hp for most light infantry, even if they ambush they do not stand much of a chance unless the enemy is unable to see them.
- The japanese counter part does more damage in melee, has more health and are brought in by air.
- they do however cost more.
-Units using Satchel Charges for AT purposes tend to miss the ambush if the enemy is moving fast. Lossing the surprice, doing 0 damage, and having a 1 secound delay.
- Giretsu Kuteitai - Japanese recon infantry