|The Hedgerow War|
World War II, France campaign
I require additional support!
The Hedgerow War is the eleventh mission of the game and second of the Normandy Campaign.
- Identify the threat- identify four armored vehicles headed towards you base using a recon plane. +50 Pts
- Destroy the StuGs- Using four incoming P-47 Thunderbolts, destroy the StuGs to stop them from destroying your base.
- Down the Fighter- Destroy the fighter so it won't destroy your recon planes.
- Secure Valognes- Capture or destroy the bases around Valognes using a combination of air and ground units.
Strategy and TacticsEdit
- Install a lot of anti-tank positions to your right flank so that the captured French Armor doesn't blow your HQ to pieces. An alternative is to place a lot of anti-tank guns in the forest, guarded by infantry, and use them to ambush the tanks.
- Beware the flanking attacks that come from the far right flank, composed of infantry and tanks alike.
- A good way to take Valognes is to bomb the AA guns, then take out the airfield. Mass Shermans and Wolverines near the city, but not too close, and attack all forces there. If you are really paranoid, just bomb the entire place and send some infantry there. Interesting Fact
- A Panther tank attacks Wetherby I would destroy it for 35 extra point